Thursday, February 19, 2009

SYMPTOMS OF NICOTINE - SMOKING WITHDRAWAL

When I started to quit smoking last January 2007, I felt a lot of Discomforts due to Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms because of this I immediately visit my Doctor to inform her of these Physical and Mental Symptoms which I was experiencing during Smoking Withdrawal. I reported to her the following Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms so I would know what to expect more and How to manage this Phase of Smoking Cessation.
• Fatigue – I feel exhausted though I’m not doing anything hard.
• Insomnia – I can’t be able to sleep early at night without any reason.
• Anxiety – I feel like I’m so nervous though I am relaxed.
• Depression – I feel like I have a lot of burdens though I haven’t.
• Sweating – I sweat though it is cold around.
• Sore throat / Tonsillitis / Sore tongue or gums
My throat is inflamed though im not eating sweet or something cold like ice cream.
• Craving to smoke – urge to smoke badly.
• Irritable, cranky – I get angry easily.
• Mood Swing
• Headache
• Intestinal Disorder like Constipation, Stomach pain, Cramps
• Cough, Colds
• lack of ability to think / concentrate
• Nausea / Dry lips.
• Tightness in the chest especially when standing – up from bed.

My Doctor has prescribed an appropriate medication for me to relieve some of these discomforts. I then asked my Doctor for how long I would be on this situation? How long the symptoms of Nicotine Withdrawal continue? She advised me that for most People, any of these Unpleasant Symptoms will no longer be perceptible after Six months or it depends on how many stick of cigarettes you are sucking per day. It has a huge effect if the level of nicotine is eliminated or totally absent in our body system.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete