Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WHAT IS COPD?

Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the fourth-leading cause of death in the United States and a significant cause of disability.

Most people are more familiar with the terms emphysema or chronic bronchitis, but COPD is the term more doctors are using today. COPD is a progressive disease, which means that it gets worse as time goes by if nothing is done to slow the course of the disease. While doctors cannot cure COPD or undo the damage to your lungs, changing your lifestyle (giving up smoking, staying physically active) and taking certain medications may help you remain active and healthy longer.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete